Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Confused Yet?


Prepare yourselves...

As we come to the middle of the month I can reflect on what I have accomplished from the beginning of the month and determine how fast I'm moving with things. Honestly, I haven't moved as fast as I would like. Though, I do have some pretty good reasons as to why I have not finished rigging my first model and why I have not even started on the dynamics of the Maya Muscle System. The number one reason is I bought this specific model off of Creative Crash and the character is not in the traditional A-Pose or T-Pose. His arms are slightly bent which could potentially mess up the Pole Vectors set up in his elbows. I've been dreading this outcome; which is the reason I started with the legs first and finished rigging them up before I moved to the arms. Instead of my usual frustration with the possibility of changing my rig and wasting money, one of my old teachers (Ken Norman) took the model on and is going to change the stance of the character to make it easier for me to finish the IK/FK system in the arms. I'm very thankful that he has no problem with doing this, he basically saved me a lot of time. So by the next time I post something to my blog the whole body should be rigged in it's new position and I should be moving on to painting weights and playing with the Muscle System.

On another good note I was able to fix the textures and ask one of my friends, who just happens to work at MPC for Shading and Lighting, to shade and light my character to make the model look more presentable.

All in all I'm pretty happy with what I'm doing and even though I'd really like to be moving at a faster pace then I am right now I'm okay with where I'm at.

Custom Master Control for the Body Builder.
Body Builder at this point in time.
Textures and Displacement Map so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment