Friday, September 11, 2015

The Process

Practice, Practice, Practice...

I was always told to do this. In order to get better you nee to practice and push yourself. Come out of your comfort zone and do something extraordinary. Because in order to achieve you need to try. 

"But how do you do it?"

To do a lot of my traditional work there is a lot of math involved. 


I graph out the image I want to do (starting with 7 16ths); and whether I want to do something bigger or smaller I will either go up or down from there. Then on the actual drawing paper I will measure out exactly 1 inch square boxes. 


Then from there I start square by square and get to work. 


I have been asked this question a lot in my life when it came to my work. First, I always say that I have always wanted to be an artist since I was little. I was the first to put clothes on my stick figures for goodness sakes! Being serious though I have never wavered in my decision for my life long career. So I have been practicing all my life to be at the level that I am and I'm still pushing and practicing to do even more!

And you can do the same.

Just believe in yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment